- Did you include ALL fonts used in your electronic file?
- Include both screen and printer versions of the font. Do not use styles palette to bold or italicize fonts.
- Did you include all graphic files?
- All graphics should be in their native software. - Duotones and files with clipping paths must be submitted as EPS.
- All four-color images must be submitted as CMYK, NOT RGB
- Photographic Images must be at least 300 dpi and saved as Tiff or EPS
- Graphics pulled off of the internet are low-res and should not be used.
- DO NOT embed images in your layout program - it increases file size and makes it hard to detect possible problems.
- Did you remove all fonts and graphics not used in your file?
- Removing un-used items from your pasteboard will eliminate the possibility of them being used in error.
- Did you define spot and/or process color correctly?
- Set full-color jobs to process color and spot color jobs to spot color.
- Watch for duplicate instances of the same color being used within your file.
- ALWAYS keep black text 100% black, not rich black
- Did you define YOUR PAGE SIZE AND bleeds correctly?
- Design all artwork to your final trimmed page size.
- Make sure all bleeds extend over the page by 1/8” (.125)
- All art and text with no bleeds need to be at least 1/8” (.125) from the edge of the page.
PDF Preparation Checklist
- Do not over compress the file - It is better not to compress if possible.
- Embed all fonts.
- Apply a 1/8” (.125) bleed on document.
- do not include marks, color bars or page information.
- do not allow any color conversion.
Acceptable File Formats
- Adobe Indesign, illustrator or photoshop
- Quark Xpress, freehand and pdf
- if designing in any microsoft programs such as word, publisher, etc., please save as a pdf before providing your file to us.